Inside Sales Associate
EVERY APPLICANT MUST BE WILLING TO TRAIN IN NEW YORK CITY FOR 3-6 MONTHS!!!!
We are seeking a highly motivated, intelligent, energetic, passionate, solution driven and dynamic individual for our inside sales team. This position will start in our NYC office, with the intent to relocate to one of Bisnow's Los Angeles Market to locally support a Senior Sales Executive.
This is an entry level role -- great for recent graduates!
So what is Bisnow Media?
Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Bisnow Media's mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
- Establish and maintain relationships with marketings executives within all asset classes and sectors of our targeted markets
- Conduct in-depth research to source & confirmation participation of sponsors for our CRE conferences
- Connect with sponsorship prospects using phone and email and responding to all inbound leads
- Document daily activities in Salesforce CRM
- Work closely with the sales team to accelerate sales cycle and to extend reach into target accounts
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of these events
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a highly competitive sales compensation structure that rewards those who win, well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. Tracking those vacation days sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
We know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.
What are we looking for?
- Entry level to 1 year of sales or professional experience
- Cold calling, sales training and Salesforce.com experience is a plus but not required
- A strong interest in building a career in sales
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self discipline, organized and ambitious work ethic
- Able to consistently hit daily and monthly objectives
- A positive and energetic attitude with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-energy, sales-team environment