Bisnow is the commercial real estate industry’s leading B2B platform across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to branded content and jobs, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers, thousands of job seekers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
Our team is looking for an ambitious VP of Marketing to join our leadership team and play a key role in pursuing our growth objectives for 2020 and beyond. The VP of marketing is responsible for defining, developing and executing the company’s marketing strategy to support business growth, enhance brand awareness and manage all marketing functions to help achieve the company’s objectives related to sales, growth, and profitability.
Along with direct reports, this newly created role oversees all company wide marketing efforts including event ticket sales, audience development, marketing operations, research and analytics, brand positioning, product marketing and demand gen for sales.
You will serve as a strategic partner across the organization. You will report directly to the CEO & COO.
- Refine and execute strategy for the entire company and each of its verticals. This includes a heavy emphasis on events (attendance and sponsorships), webinars, media, sales enablement, audience development, brand and product development.
- Due to COVID-19, Bisnow is currently not hosting events, however we are actively developing a “back to events” strategy and expect the candidate that fills this role to be involved in those discussions.
Lead and grow the marketing organization as well as its direct reports as we scale, including paid ticket sales, media consumption, audience development, brand alignment, and demand generation for sales.
Work closely with the IT team to optimize marketing operations and support online conversions as well as tech enabled projects such as website development, product development and audience management.
- Manage customer insights and play a key role in database updates, data hygiene and appending strategy and building insights tools.
- Define and drive Bisnow’s go-to-market approach across all products.
- Serve as the senior level marketing and product thought leader offering strategic input and guidance to VP’s ensure all teams benefit from market knowledge and relentlessly focus on innovation.
- Collaborate with internal teams, particularly production, sales, editorial, IT and coordination to develop new innovative solutions that help achieve company goals.
- Support integrations through aggressive M&A plans over the next 3 - 5 years.
- Develop and manage relationships with top external vendors and agencies.
- Oversee marketing budgets.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 12+ years experience, preferably in B2B media
- A proven track record of managing and growing small to medium-sized teams.
- Demonstrated experience in managing marketing and/or growth for a rapidly growing company.
- Demonstrated experience working with marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred but not a must).
- Experience collaborating with a senior management team and multiple department heads.
- A strong thinker and collaborator that knows how to balance need for data-driven decision making and the need for solving problems quickly.
- A leader with a strong emotional quotient and ability to inspire by explaining the “Why” not the “What”.
Proficient in: Marketo, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Modern Ad Technology.
- Intellectually curious about our underlying content, the commercial real estate industry.
SO, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago, to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period.)
WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS?
We’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.