Event Coordinator Internship
This is a paid internship that is project based: Bisnow Event Interns will work on many different event coordination activities throughout the first six months on the Bisnow team. Hired interns will be provided great exposure to Bisnow Events with an aim to grow within the company and become eligible for future full-time employment opportunities. The ideal candidates will thrive in a fast paced environment.
So what is Bisnow Media?
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business.
Over the course of the last decade, Bisnow has built itself into the largest media and events platform in the United States’ trillion dollar commercial real estate industry. Bisnow hosts almost 400 events a year that are attended by over 80,000 ticket holders, 2,000 sponsors and hundreds of speakers. We also publish 50+ newsletters that reach almost three quarters of a million CRE executives.
- Facilitate all logistical coordination for Bisnow events in our Philadelphia Area
- Ensure that venues, AV, catering and party rental are all confirmed prior to the event; ability to work on tight deadlines
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors & venue staff within our targeted markets
- Ensure every aspect of the event is prepared and runs smooth from start to finish
- Confirm all vendors have COI's and a full understanding of vendor load in and out times for the event
- Negotiate pricing, contractual terms in the process
- Order/pick up name-tags and signage prior to the event and set up registration before guests arrive
- Bring all event signage and material to event space prior to start of event and ensure that all is safely removed from event once concluded
- Manage on-site ticket requests and charges through Bisnow’s square account
- Coordinate with Bisnow Clients who are sponsoring the event to ensure that they are pleased and supported throughout the entire process
- Work with party rental vendors to set up Stage, Chairs and AV
- Research and understand competitive conferences to ultimately finalize conference dates/times
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful coordination, sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of these events
- Be aware of your surroundings at all time to provide an A++ attendee experience- this includes coffee, food, music, trash cans, etc.
- This is a dynamic role that fits high energy, collaborative and smart event coordinators
What are we looking for?
- Event coordination experience
- Active research experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self discipline, organized and ambitious work ethic
- Able to consistently hit daily and monthly objectives
- A positive and energetic attitude with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-energy, sales-team
- Flexibility matched with dependability - this is a work from home position