Commercial Real Estate Reporter
Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Bisnow Media's mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
We are seeking a high energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to join our Editorial team as our Houston Lead Reporter. The perfect fit for this position will quickly master the Bisnow Editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
What the role entails:
- Being our all-access pass into continuing to dominate the commercial real estate industry
- Producing newsletters and morning briefs: a dozen articles a week of varying lengths and types
- Working a beat, traveling around the Houston area covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry
- Infiltrating the CRE industry—turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources
- Having an intimate knowledge of your market’s CRE business—knowing where the major players are located, what deals they are responsible for and what events they attend
The ideal candidate must have:
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design is a plus, and contacts within those scenes are an even bigger plus
- Great writing skills
- News judgment, dot-connecting and a passion for the web
- Digital experience and has at least two years of experience in business journalism
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand on Bisnow.com
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who work hard well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all of our full-time employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and clips of your work.