Bisnow Media is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and metric / results driven Sales Director to help lead our San Francisco market. This person will adopt an existent book of business, grow current accounts and consistently bring in new business to effectively manage all Bisnow event sponsorship and digital advertising sales. You will be the key driver of revenue growth for the market, and will represent our product to prospective and existing users.
What is Bisnow Media?
Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Bisnow Media's mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
- Prospect potential strategic partners (advertisers and sponsors), for both Bisnow’s online and offline platforms
- Initiate reach out to prospective partners via multiple mediums (email, phone call, LinkedIn, creative methods etc.)
- Meet with at least 15 of these firms and the executives that represent them per week
- Close business consistently within the expectations and parameters agreed upon with senior management
- Manage strategic sales cycles while continually focusing on client goals and company success metrics
- Understand what is happening in the marketplace at all-times and how to deliver value to our partners
- Become an expert on the Bisnow platform so to be able to best advise our partners on which products will deliver the most value
- Investigate and resolve client concerns
- Maintain an immaculate representation of your client base in Salesforce
- 4+ years of Outside Sales Experience (ideally within either commercial real estate or B2B media)
- Ability to travel when required within the United States
- Understanding of Salesforce, Google Docs, lead generation, cold calls, intelligent emailing, warm calls, consultative approach to meetings, closing business, customer service and selling individual products as well as multi-touch campaigns
- (Preferred but not a deal breaker) willingness to public speak at events as well as a degree
- Be an incredible story teller
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a highly competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.