Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. At Bisnow, we expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.
- Research target accounts matching our ideal customer profile and obtain contact information for key contacts at our target companies
- Conduct in-depth research to source & confirm CRE clients to sponsor Bisnow conferences
- Connect with sponsorship prospects using phone and email and respond to all inbound leads
- Optimize the lead to prospect pipeline and manage proper tasks and follow ups
- Taking prospect meetings and ultimately closing business from each meeting
- Full accountability for meeting follow ups, ensuring flawless execution of client facing calls, meetings and emails including the scheduling, pre and post meeting follow up, proposal generation, performance tracking, report generation, prospect management and client escalations
- Manage a clean and well maintained prospecting pipeline in Salesforce
- Represent Bisnow’s team and brand at internal and external events
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of all events
- Report on personal sales metrics weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Work closely with Sales leadership to implement and drive sales strategy and process
Train and mentor all new employees within the Bay Area market and ensure proficiency in all aspects of the Ten Pillars of Success over the course of their Bisnow tenure:
- CRE Knowledge
- Local Market Player Expertise- Including Ride Alongs
- Bisnow Product Understanding
- Bisnow Process Know How
- Sales Skills: Fact Finder, Proposals, Pitches, Follow Up, Close
- Meetings & Proposal KPIs & Event Targets / Bookings Targets (memorized)
- Bisnow’s Mission (memorized)
- Bisnow’s Vision (memorized)
- Bisnow’s Values (memorized)
- Extreme Ownership (memorized & practiced daily)
- Meet with & understand each employee within your market’s personal goals and align them with the Ten Pillars of Success.
- Check in with each team member monthly to ensure they are on track to continue to be successful and in direction towards their next promotion.
- Implement PIP’s for those employees who are not elevating to the levels that we expect and continuously strive to maintain a success rate of 50%.
- Manage activity tracking reports for local sales team and follow-up process utilizing grids.
- Work on improving sales pitch on a weekly basis (FF, proposal, closing -- entire process).
- Spearhead the planning and execution of each market’s quarterly event sketching.
Expectations & Strengths
- Bisnow’s Sales Directors must lead from the front at all times. Given the furious work ethic of our team, and that our sales team is highly competitive, this requires a leader who understands the meaning of being first on the field, last off. Therefore the ideal candidate must be prepared to work many hours in the office.
- Face-time is one thing, results are another. An Extreme Ownership approach is a must at Bisnow and this is only further highlighted in the role of a Director. The hiring, training, mentoring and succession planning for each local Bisnow team is ultimately the responsibility of the Sales VP and Sales Director. Again, to achieve this one must lead from the front.
Be intellectually curious and never content. We don’t believe we are perfect and we certainly don’t like to rest on our laurels when we do get things right. Each local sales team will need to continuously innovate, meet with other firms to learn and expand their horizons and ultimately improve and further develop our processes to ensure that we are becoming better versions of ourselves on a continuous basis.
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a highly competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.