New York Reporter
We are seeking a high energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to expand Bisnow’s New York editorial team as a full-time reporter. This person will master the beat of New York City commercial real estate, working with another New York reporter to sniff out breaking news stories, report and write profiles and features, and cover newsworthy events, including Bisnow events. They will quickly learn the Bisnow editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Bisnow’s editorial team is expanding, and this newly created position will help us continue to grow.
- Covering daily breaking news in New York’s commercial real estate industry.
- Working a beat, traveling around the New York area covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry.
- Infiltrating the CRE industry — turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources.
- Having an intimate knowledge of New York’s CRE business — knowing where the major players are located, what deals they are responsible for and what events they attend.
- Producing multiple, deeply reported news story a week.
- Writing a weekly Deal Sheet, compiling the major transactions of the week.
- Working with the New York and global news teams on major projects.
- Digital reporting experience and ideally at least two years of experience in business journalism.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design is a plus, and contacts within those industries are an even bigger plus.
- Great news writing skills.
- The ability to produce clean copy and conform with Bisnow style.
- Excellent news judgment.
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand at Bisnow.
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who work hard well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all of our full-time employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).