Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to branded content and jobs, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers, thousands of job seekers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
Our Marketing team is looking for data-driven, and goal obsessed Marketing Director with a passion for event marketing and filling rooms with the right audiences . You’ll lead our marketing event managers, and work cross functionally with our production, audience development and coordination teams to grow attendance at our events. This is a unique opportunity to showcase both event marketing and marketing operations talents, where you will stretch your skills to marketing automation, email flow, segmentation build outs and telling our story to drive ticket purchases.
You will serve as an execution partner to our head of event production, manage all ticket sales and ensure our marketing automation systems are optimized to support goals. You will report directly into BISNOW’s EVP of Marketing.
Event Marketing Management
You will wake up every day thinking - how can we hit our event goals? Below are the specifics of the role today:
- Maintain full oversight of Marketo, must have either Marketo or similar proficiency.
- Responsible for hitting attendance goals on our 350+ events. You will market these events via all distribution channels, including but not limited to: dedicated event blasts, newsletters, bisnow.com homepage, paid and organic social media, and third party media partnership.
- Monitor email deliverability and audience health metrics to ensure we have an engaged user base and strong lists.
- Build out audience segmentation and identify pockets for customer growth. You will create tailored nurture campaigns for new and existing customers, personalize consumption-experiences, and increase conversions on event marketing.
- Identify ways to optimize event landing pages, emails CTA’s and shopping cart conversions.
- Manage annual event marketing plan and process and roll out company wide.
- Create on-going post registration nurture flows and execute customer loyalty programs.
- Execute creative ways to optimize onsite experiences to promote future events.
- You will manage two email marketing managers to assist with the above.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 6+ years experience (minimum).
- A proven track record of managing and growing small to medium-sized teams.
- Demonstrated experience in managing retention marketing and/or growth for rapidly growing company.
- Demonstrated experience working with marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred but not a must).
- Experience collaborating with a senior management team and multiple department heads.
- A strong thinker and collaborator that knows how to balance need for data-driven decision making and the need for solving problems quickly.
- A leader with a strong emotional quotient and ability to inspire by explaining the “Why” not the “What”.
- Proficient in: Marketo, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Modern Ad Technology.
- Intellectually curious about our underlying content, the commercial real estate industry.
SO, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago, to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period.)
WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS?
We’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.