Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within Commercial Real Estate need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the CRE to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in 50+ cities across N. America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
What are we looking for?
Bisnow’s Accounting department is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team ASAP! Our non-negotiable skills include:
- BS in Accounting or Finance and 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- High proficiency in Excel. This means you already know the following: vlookups, pivot tables, short-cut keys, formatting
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across various internal channels. This includes a fast-paced, quite loud, demanding (but absolutely wonderful!) sales team
What does the role entail?
- Implement monthly financial close including, but not limited to
- revenue entries (sponsorship, tickets, advertising, custom content), revenue recognition and reconciliation, deferred revenue reconciliation
- posting of prepaid and accrued expenses, other recurring journals
- bank and credit cards statements reconciliation
- Prepare P&L and Balance sheet accounts analyses
- Track Event P&L (for all 350 of Bisnow’s national events across the US/UK/Canada), and work closely with event coordination department to make proper accruals and synchronize with financial P&L
- Manage and track/enter employee expenses, reconcile with Expensify and corporate credit cards to accrue properly and ensure specific tagging/approvals are submitted
- Liaise with AR lead to ensure timely collections of payments from external clients and assist with proper cash application
- Working with Sales Team to ensure invoicing and change orders are processed accurately
- Liaise with AP to assist with accurate expenses coding and adherence to the company expense policies
- Providing supporting schedules to UK book-keeping services to file VAT returns (and other territories)
- Overseeing timely and accurate reporting and payment of various local taxes
- Assisting with the year-end financial audit and periodic reporting
- Additional ad hoc finance and budgeting tasks
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. At Bisnow, we expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.