Inside Sales Associate
Bisnow is the commercial real estate industry’s leading B2B platform across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to branded content and jobs, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reach 18 million all-digital readers, thousands of job seekers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two-way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. We expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.
- Establish and maintain relationships with marketings executives within all asset classes and sectors of our targeted markets.
- Drive event sponsorship sales by conducting in-depth research to source & confirm participation of sponsors for our commercial real estate conferences.
- Consistently prospect new business to build a strong pipeline for our senior-level sales team.
- Connect with sponsorship prospects using phone and email strategies; responding to all inbound leads.
- Become an expert in all aspects of the Bisnow Ten Pillars of Success:
- CRE Knowledge
- Local Market Player Expertise
- Bisnow Product Understanding
- Bisnow Process Know How
- Sales Skills: Fact Finder, Proposals, Pitches, Follow Up, Close
- KPI’s, Conversion Rates & Event Targets / Bookings Targets
- Bisnow’s Mission
- Bisnow’s Vision
- Bisnow’s Values
- Extreme Ownership
- Assist event production department in an effort to build sponsor-friendly programs that ultimately align with the interest of Bisnow’s client base.
- Constantly brainstorm fresh and relevant topic ideas to adapt to trends within the industry.
- Understand both individual and larger team KPIs and position yourself to hit, if not exceed said KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Document daily activities in Salesforce CRM.
- Work closely with the sales team to accelerate our sales cycle and to extend reach into target accounts.
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of these events.
Expectations and Strengths:
- Innate hustle, raw intelligence and infectious enthusiasm.
- Ability to demonstrate an entrepreneurial yet disciplined mindset, creative yet organized work-ethic and an ambitious yet humble attitude.
- Demonstrated experience excelling in a group or team environment of any sort.
- A strong interest in growing into an externally facing sales role or similar position working closely with clients.
- A strong interest in the commercial real estate industry.
- Ability to remain receptive to feedback and open, constructive criticism.
- Capability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced, frequently-changing sales environment.
- A “never give up attitude”, positive mental state of mind and strong desire to be challenged on a daily basis. Rejection will come frequently, failures will be commonplace and the odds will be stacked against you and the sales executive you are supporting. If this sounds daunting, the role is not for you. If it sounds challenging and you like the idea of getting knocked down so that you can get back up, great. So do we.
- Strong intellectual curiosity. We don’t believe we are perfect and we certainly don’t like to rest on our laurels when we do get things right. Our inside sales associates will need to meet with other firms to learn and expand their horizons and ultimately improve and further develop our processes to ensure continuous innovation.
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well.
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation.
- Health, dental, vision, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees.
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.