Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reach 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two-way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. At Bisnow, we expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.
● Facilitate all logistical coordination for Bisnow events in your dedicated market.
● Ensure that venues, AV, catering and all other external vendors are all confirmed prior to the event; ability to work on tight deadlines.
● Establish and maintain relationships with vendors & venue staff within our targeted markets.
● Ensure every aspect of the event is prepared and runs smoothly from start to finish.
● Work with external vendors to ensure COI and city permit requirements have been met.
● Manage and negotiate pricing; ability to review and edit legal contracts.
● Responsible for maintaining the inventory and assisting in the creation of all event activation and collateral.
● Manage on-site ticket sales and charges through Bisnow’s square account.
● Liaise with Bisnow Clients who are sponsoring the event to ensure that they are pleased and supported throughout the entire process.
● Manage part-time event support staff throughout the lifetime of an event.
● Research and understand competitive conferences to ultimately finalize conference dates/times.
● Provide social media, marketing and sales support (event videos, photos and sponsor presentations) to internal teams.
● Work daily with sales and production teams to ensure successful coordination, sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of all events.
● Be aware of your surroundings at all times to provide an A++ attendee experience- this includes coffee, food, music, trash cans, etc.
● This is a dynamic role that fits high energy, collaborative and smart event professionals.
Expectations & Strengths
● Exceptional attention to detail.
● Ability to troubleshoot any and all issues on your own and find solutions under pressure.
● Proven experience managing multiple projects at once.
● Entrepreneurial mindset matched with an organized and ambitious work ethic.
● Self-discipline; capability to “get things done” and make decisions on the fly.
● Ability to consistently hit daily and monthly objectives within a fast-paced, high-energy, sales-oriented environment.
● A positive and energetic attitude with exceptional communication skills.
● Flexibility matched with dependability.
● 1+ year event planning or hospitality experience required.
● Intellectual curiosity. We don’t believe we are perfect and we certainly don’t like to rest on our laurels when we do get things right. Our event coordinators will need to meet with other firms to learn and expand their horizons and ultimately improve and further develop our processes to ensure continuous innovation.
What Are The Benefits?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully, you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So, here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.