Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Bisnow Media's mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
We are seeking a high-energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to join our editorial team as our Denver Lead Reporter. The perfect fit for this freelance position will quickly master the Bisnow editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
What the role entails:
- Being our all-access pass into the commercial real estate industry
- Producing newsletters and morning briefs: about five articles a week of varying lengths and types
- Working a beat, traveling around the Denver area covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry
- Infiltrating the CRE industry—turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources
- Having an intimate knowledge of your market’s CRE business—knowing where the major players are located, what deals they are responsible for and what events they attend
- Keeping it fun, snappy and informative
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent news judgment
- Great news writing skills
- Digital experience and at least two years of experience in business journalism
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design is a plus, and contacts within those scenes are an even bigger plus
- The ability to produce clean copy and conform with Bisnow style
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful, opinionated and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand on Bisnow.com