Client Success Manager
Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. At Bisnow, we expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.
- In-depth understanding of the delivery of all products on Bisnow’s platform, and project managing each client’s campaign in collaboration with departments across Bisnow.
- Touchpoints of communication with internal Bisnow team, including coordination with account delivery and technical delivery departments.
- Ad Delivery: provide support to account delivery and technical delivery departments when necessary.
- Setting up “kick-off calls” with any client who is spending $7,500 or more. Call to include the client and all internal parties involved in the campaign. Agenda to include introductions to everyone involved in the campaign from Bisnow’s side, along with stated goals for the campaign.
- Setting up meetings for yourself, the business manager/VP/Director and client. If the designated rep prefers to set up the meeting themselves, you will be responsible for ensuring the meeting takes place and is logged to salesforce.
- Executing a campaign for the client that goes above and beyond expectations. Items to include invitations to industry events, facilitating introductions, handwritten thank you notes, unexpected calls to touch base, and more (including analysis/analytics--see below).
- You will be responsible (with your rep) for the strategic planning of all client’s renewals within the book you oversee.
- You will obsess over how to grow your accounts’ spend by leveraging new & existing digital/event opportunities as they come up throughout the year.
- You will help your sales rep identify pockets for growth across your accounts and bring actionable intelligence that will help drive account growth.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of all campaign analytics are delivered upon the requested time frame unique to each client. This will include campaign reports complete with all deliverable and performance metrics. You will work with all internal delivery account managers to complete analysis and review of products/sponsorships.
- You will be responsible for completing high-level analytics reports for all digital delivery. This includes:
- Comprehensive understanding of Bison and Marketo and navigating pulling analytics for each publication
- Owning your own success to be expert in market averages and product averages by using internal resources and initiating training to understand
- Compiling all information in an easy to read and understand format and supplying it to the client
- You will be the leader and motivator for all moving parts in analytic delivery and will have complete ownership in this function
General Account Management
- Stuff goes wrong -- it’s inevitable. It’s your responsibility to not only proactively avoid issues, but also fix them in a timely manner as they arise, and escalate to the rep, VP or CEO as needed.
- Responsibility to enhance the department and Bisnow’s as a whole by accepting ownership of all mistakes, exploring new initiatives and setting plans to initiate value adds to the role.
- Staying up-to-date with market trends in client relations and delivery and ensuring Client Success Manager is always one step ahead of competitors’ initiatives.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- We have a highly competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.