We are seeking a high-energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to join our growing editorial team as our Boston reporter. The perfect fit for this position will quickly master the Bisnow editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Being our all-access pass into continuing to dominate the commercial real estate industry in Boston.
- Producing newsletters and morning briefs: a dozen articles a week of varying lengths and types.
- Attend and cover Bisnow’s events in the Boston area.
- Working a beat, traveling around the Boston area covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry.
- Infiltrating the CRE industry — turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources.
- Having an intimate knowledge of Bostons’s CRE business — knowing where the major players are located, what deals they are responsible for and what events they attend.
- Producing multiple, deeply reported news story a week.
- Working with the global news teams on major projects.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design is a plus, and contacts within those scenes are an even bigger plus.
- Great writing skills.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Digital experience and at least two years of experience in business journalism.
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand on Bisnow.com.
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who work hard well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all of our full-time employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).