Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy — and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
Our Marketing department is looking for a data-driven, curious and digital media-obsessed Audience Development Manager (ADM) to join our organization. This is an opportunity to become a leader for a highly successful team and help us to reach new audiences on every platform. This role reports into the Executive Vice President of Marketing and is primarily responsible for growing our subscriber base by leading projects and research initiatives team who grow Bisnow’s network. The ADM is also responsible for developing and implementing data-driven traffic growth strategies for all touchpoints with a particular focus on content marketing using digital tactics to grow our subscriber base.
You will have professional experience in managing teams, digital marketing, data hygiene, list development, and success in growing user bases with a thoughtful and analytical approach. You’ll also partner with our EVP Marketing to set and implement audience growth strategy across all Bisnow’s channels.
Key Elements of Job Function
Management of Special Projects and Research Team
- Conduct regular weekly check ins with team
- Manage workload and prioritizing projects
- Research checking, sorting, uploading and phase-ins of new contacts
- Oversee Hiring/interviews
- Manage weekly accounting and biweekly payroll
- Various projects as they arise
Subscription Growth Initiatives
- Analyze subscriber and event-attendee data to identify growth areas
- Assess better opportunities to penetrate addressable audiences in markets
- Build audience development funnel for converting organic/controlled subscribers into ticket purchasers
- Build funnel for gradual ramp-up for new controlled subscribers
- Weekly reporting on ROI by channel
- Sales team support docs
- Sales team document management (market breakdowns) isc. reporting (i.e. quarterly PHI ticketbuying habits, quarterly market breakdowns, market minimums document building, etc.)
List & Data Management
- Oversee email whitelisting efforts (ZenDesk, outreach, requests, sales rep coordination)
- Ensure proper tagging of data
- Monitor outgoing email deliverability (monitoring debouncer, Marketo and Sparkpost)
- Collaborate with IT team on data warehousing efforts
Partnerships & Syndication
- Oversee existing and develop new content syndication deals with Forbes, Huffington Post, etc.
- Manage employee and brand advocacy tools
- Oversee existing and develop new technical partnerships with Parse.ly, Buffer, Adroll
- Develop media partnerships for audience building and to enhance event attendance
- Recommend/manage/oversee paid and organic event promotion through digital channels.
- Manage organic content for regional LinkedIn groups, including regular announcement updates
Content Traffic Initiatives
- Oversee and implement daily social media content to drive traffic
- Execute social media initiatives related to events (including hashtag roll-out, live coverage coordinate, sponsor-related social interaction and user experience initiatives)
- Develop social strategies for special projects
- Aid in development of SEO best practices and headline optimization
Skills & Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of audience development experience, preferably with an online media company and at least two years of experience managing remote teams
- Experience with – and a passion for - digital audience development & marketing, building brand equity and loyalty
- Exposure to database management and reporting tools, Marketing automation tools and CRMs (preferably Marketo and Salesforce.com)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to use data from multiple sources to gain insights and help drive decisions
- A track record of working with marketing, editorial and sales teams to manage data for the development and execution of outbound and inbound campaigns
- Digital marketing experience, and expertise in Email, Social, SEO, SEM and web analytics
- Prior experience with events and digital property launches a plus
- Proficient in excel and knowledge (including design) of survey systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, data science, information technology; or the equivalent work experience