Our mission is twofold: To connect employers to their most important asset - it’s people, and to connect talent to the next chapter in their careers. SelectLeaders is the #1 job platform and professional development destination for the real estate industry and has been in business for nearly 20 years.
We are seeking a hungry recruiter who will proactively recruit candidates, create new business relationships, and align candidates with their next opportunity. This role is an exciting opportunity to develop a career within the real estate industry and be a part of a thriving, entrepreneurial, and virtual business.
At SelectLeaders, we believe the interview process is a two-way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. We expect people to believe in our mission, our vision and our values. We don’t simply put these words on a wall. We hire, we fire, we promote, we demote, we bonus or don’t bonus, based on our mission, vision and values. So please, take them as seriously as we promise to take your application. Thank you.
What You’ll Do
- Manage external candidate recruiting cycles efficiently and effectively.
- Build close relationships with candidates and align them to their next career move while working alongside internal management and external hiring managers to understand the needs of our clients.
- Leverage our vast Network and proprietary search tools to seamlessly search, select and place candidates.
- Utilize internal and external resources to identify the best candidates for our clients.
- Actively pursue new business opportunities and lead generation.
- Interact with top companies and leading executives in the real estate industry.
What You Bring
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
- Team player mentality with excellent communication skills
- Quick learner who enjoys acquiring knowledge in new subject area
- Creative thinker who is analytically capable and intellectually curious
- Real estate industry experience and executive search experience is a bonus*
What Are The Benefits?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully, you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well.
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane. That’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation.
- Health, dental, vision, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees.
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period.)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So, here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
“Lack of structure.” – We’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go-getters, this could be your dream career.
“Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
“Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people, that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.