Assistant News Editor
Bisnow is seeking a razor-sharp editor, preferably in New York City, to help lead, report and build our burgeoning commercial real estate news operations. Bisnow’s editorial team is expanding, and this newly created position will help us continue to grow. We’re in the business of delivering intelligence at the intersection of international commercial real estate and politics, technology, sports, entertainment and beyond. We are seeking a thorough editor with a deep passion for the news. This position is ideal for someone hungry to gain experience as an editor, as there will be a large opportunity to expand the role and experience multiple facets of the editing/management/business side of journalism.
- Assist in the aggregation of our platform of briefs.
- Find news and help assign it to Bisnow’s global newsroom.
- Be able to serve as both line editor and copy editor.
- Work as a right hand to our director of newsletters, regional editors and copy editor.
- Write breaking news when necessary.
- Ideally, at least five years working on an editorial team, with a background in digital storytelling.
- Experience in business-to-business strongly preferred; experience in commercial real estate journalism a plus.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Extensive familiarity with social media and news aggregation websites.
- An eye for quality journalism, as well as stories with viral/share potential.
- Deep familiarity with the competitive set in the CRE news space.
- The ability to copy edit a news story.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Basic Google Analytics skills.
- SEO knowledge.
What Are The Benefits?
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who work hard well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all of our full-time employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).